By Sarah Fenstermaker,Candace West
Read or Download Doing Gender, Doing Difference: Inequality, Power, and Institutional Change PDF
Best gender studies books
This ebook is the 1st entire account of the altering function of guys and the development of masculinity in modern Japan. The booklet strikes past the stereotype of the japanese white-collar businessman to discover the variety of identities and reviews which may be chanced on between males in modern Japan, together with these models of masculinity that are marginalized and subversive.
Spotting Transsexuals attracts on interviews with transsexuals at a variety of phases of transition to supply an unique account of transsexual embodiment and physically aesthetics. Exploring the explanations for which transpeople wish to adjust their our bodies, it strikes clear of the focal point on gender that characterizes a lot paintings on transpeople's embodiment, to enquire the idea that of physically aesthetics.
This publication analyzes the literary illustration of Indigenous girls in Latin American letters from colonization to the 20th century, arguing that modern theorization of Indigenous feminism deconstructs denigratory imagery and provides a (re)signification, (re)semantization and reinvigoration of what it capacity to be an Indigenous girl.
This e-book explores, via particular research of media representations, own interviews, and ancient examine, how the electronic setting perpetuates destructive and restricting stereotypes of queerness. Siebler argues that heteronormativity has co-opted queer representations, mostly for you to promote items, surgical procedures, and existence, reinforcing rather than disrupting the masculine and female heterosexual binaries via capitalist intake.
- Facing Eugenics: Reproduction, Sterilization, and the Politics of Choice
- The Opposite Sexes: A Study of Woman's Natural and Cultural History (Routledge Revivals)
- Women vs Feminism: Why We All Need Liberating from the Gender Wars
- Film and Female Consciousness: Irigaray, Cinema and Thinking Women
- Positioning Gender and Race in (Post)colonial Plantation Space: Connecting Ireland and the Caribbean (Critical Studies in Gender, Sexuality, and Culture)
- Sex And Money: Feminism and Political Economy in the Media (Commerce and Mass Culture)
Additional info for Doing Gender, Doing Difference: Inequality, Power, and Institutional Change
Doing Gender, Doing Difference: Inequality, Power, and Institutional Change by Sarah Fenstermaker,Candace West